MRO Sales Engineer
Severn Group is a global group of specialist high-end valve engineering and manufacturing companies, including Severn Valve, LB Bentley and ValvTechnologies.
Part of Severn Group, Severn Valve manufactures and supports high-quality valves for the energy industries. Its control, choke and butterfly valves are pre-eminent in the global market, underpinning the reliability and high performance of business-critical client infrastructure. Severn Valve’s global reach, technical prowess, and collaborative approach – all founded upon a heritage of British engineering excellence – helping to assure production continuity for clients and reduce the prospect of costly downtime. Its understanding of the life-cycle of assets positions Severn Valve to offer end-to-end engineering solutions, enabling clients to meet their core imperatives: safe operations and minimum downtime.
MRO Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Engineer – Application is responsible for Enquiry review, interpreting, and processing customer enquiries for Valves & Spare parts. Prepare quotes based on the customer enquiries. Follow sound engineering practices and procedures in the pre-order phases. Ensure timely execution of projects and customer satisfaction.
- Review, interpret and process Customer enquiries.
- Register the enquiries in CRM / ERP
- Collect all the details from customer & field sales that are necessary for quote preparation.
- Review, evaluate and clarify customer enquiries and technical specifications.
- Identify technical factors in customer enquiries that may affect cost, delivery, and ability to conform.
- Identify the legal requirements that are required for the product, destination country etc.
- Prioritize the enquiries as per the due dates.
- Prepare complete techno-commercial offer by,
- Sizing, selecting, and pricing valves, actuators and spare parts that conform to customer’s requirements.
- Ensuring the customer, project & product requirements are captured.
- Legal requirements that are required for the product, destination country etc. are captured
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain the information needed to provide comprehensive quotations such as material costs, machining costs etc.
- Ensure to submit the techno-commercial offer within due dates.
- Provide on-time response to technical and commercial queries.
- Monitor the progress of the offers submitted and update in CRM / ERP
- Attend and contribute to Pre-order customer meetings.
- Submit quote and Order forecast report each month
- Prepare and handover the order file to contracts for those quotes converted to orders
- Review incoming orders for conformance to the quotation & customer requirements and resolve any differences
- Coordinate with customer & field sales and cross functional teams, as required for effective and timely solutions.
- Provide Applications Engineering support to clients, including follow-up assistance on quotes & orders.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Full time) in mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 0 to 3 Years of experience, in inside sales or customer service in industrial products
- Previous experience with selection of mechanical equipment such as valves, actuators, etc.