Business Need / Purpose of Role:
This role will support 2 manufacturing sites and is responsible for facilitating the flow of work and materials between and within Severn’s departments.
The role will ensure smooth delivery of purchase orders, planning delivery schedules, notifying the purchasing, planning and operations representatives of delivery status, schedule transport for incoming items as required and support the purchasing team with order processing as required.
- Ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
- Working closely with other teams within the supply chain.
- Negotiate with suppliers and build strong working relationships.
- Ensure that internal targets and deadlines are met.
- Attend production meetings.
- Manage purchase order backlog, ensuring order dates and notations are updated.
- Assist with purchase order entries and purchase administration. Load purchase orders onto system for consignment stock, non-production items and calibration requirements, ensuring adherence to budgets as required and driving cost reductions where possible.
- Run monthly OTD reports.
- Provide cover for other roles within the team.
- Visit suppliers as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Highly motivated, team player with good organisation skills who is able to work under pressure.
- Ideally have experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of planning tools i.e., ERP/MRP and vendor management, other related business management systems, Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities.
- A proactive approach to changing workload demands in an operational environment.
- Drive for continuous development and process improvement.