Machinist / CNC Machinist / Skilled Machinist
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
This role provides the business with a full set of skills for carrying out machining of product and repair that is undertaken by the business. In addition to the above role the machinist may be required to assemble parts within the machine shop, carry out dimensional inspection of components and assist in the Assembly department area where appropriate.
Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities
But not limited to:
- The manufacture of complete components utilizing the various machines located within the Gloucester workshop in accordance to the component specification.
- Measure and verify their own work.
- Completion of in-house manufacturing documentation including work booking through the ERP system.
- Liaise between the Machine shop supervisor and Production Engineering to overcome/resolve any drawing or process queries.
- Work with Production Engineering to improve production processes.
- Carry out refurbishment/repair of damaged components utilizing the Gloucester workshop machines.
- Assist with other duties at the discretion of the Machine shop supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy work environment.
- Part takes in training when required.
- Minimize the level of scrapped components.
- To mentor any new staff or apprentices which are working within the machine shop.
- To actively work with machine shop supervisor and workshop manager to establish key delivery dates/requirements.
- Communicate workshop issues to machine shop supervisor.
- Establish any training requirements for the machine shop work force in conjunction with machine shop supervisor.
- During high workload periods provide assistance in any other department as appropriate.
Education and/or Experience:
Engineering qualification preferably craft apprenticeship or equivalent. Basic CNC programming and machine competence.