HEAD QUARTERS; WOODSTOCK
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
DTHF is looking to fill the post of Finance Manager – this is a senior management position and a key role in the operational management team requiring verifiable qualifications and experience relevant for this post. The purpose of this position is to ensure accurate financial information and reporting across the organization, including timely provision of statutory reporting, forecasts and Budgets to meet business needs and to provide proactive advice and guidance to Executive and Leadership teams in respect to all financial matters affecting the company. Hands-on finance experience as well as a strategic outlook are required for this challenging position within the NGO sector.
Essential minimum requirements for successful application:
(Please do not submit an application if you do not have all of the listed requirements)
- Tertiary education with specialized certification in Financial Accounting or relevant equivalent experience
- Completed articles – Qualified CA or relevant recognized equivalent qualification
- SAP B1 processing experience
- Minimum 8 years relevant working experience in Financial Management at senior management level, preferably with NGO experience
- Line Management experience leading a finance team
Other relevant requirements:
- Ability to work with budgets and advise on financial decision making
- Advanced experience in MS Office programmes with advance Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of the Donor funding environment and grants management
- Knowledge of the development of finance dashboards and will be an advantage
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pressure and is dynamic to change
- Valid driver’s license
The Key Performance Indicators of this position will be:
- To be accountable for the full finance function at the DTHF to the executive and the Board
- To ensure compliance to the International Accounting Standards and Conservation International (CI) and Conservation South Africa (CSA) Policies and Procedures
- To ensure the financial integrity of grant monies received and that allocation of funds is in accordance with Funder regulations and organization policies under the guidance of the Audit and Risk committee
- The position will oversee timely submission and accuracy of financial documentation and will require line management of the finance team (Bookkeeper; Finance Officer/ Creditors Clerk and Project Purchaser
- Lead the Statutory and A133 audits with external Auditors and implement the necessary corrective action where recommended in the Management report
- The Finance Manager will be required to be familiar with the financial systems, policies, procedures and controls utilized by DTHF
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses on SAP B1
- Oversees Debtor management and payments to creditors
- Ensure month end deadlines are met for all statutory payments
- Ensure proper documentation exists and complies with policy and procedure requirements before disbursements are made
- Oversee Finance files to ensure that they are audit ready
- Oversee accurate completion of accounting questionnaires and statutory information
- Oversee Asset register entries and maintenance and ensure assets are adequately insured
- Ensure that accurate financial status is presented to the Board during regular board meetings with recommendations where appropriate
- Maintain the organization investment portfolio and monitor results
- Produce the monthly cash flow report for the Executive committee review and manages, monitors and interprets cash flow and predicts future trends including regular cashflow forecasts
- Manages petty cash, supply corporate accounts and credit cards
- Records and Manages business financial risk
- Continually strives to up-skill and motivate the finance team through effective leadership, mentoring, coaching, performance improvement and the creation and implementation of individual development plans
- Assist in preparing financial reports for as requested by Executive committee, Audit and Risk Committee and the Board of Directors
- In collaboration with the Grants and Finance Senior Manager ensure develop an organizational budget and sustainability plan
- The position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Kindly indicate your salary expectation with your application
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees by 25th May 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Visit the DTHF Career page to view the advert (Reference number: DTHF-C042) and apply: DTHF Career Page
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website.